Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11

I am willing to bet you remember what you were doing when you first saw that plane go into the twin towers.

I remember I was watching the Today show with Matt and Katie, it was surreal. I wanted my to shield my three year old son from this but at the same time I wanted him to see what was unfolding before him, of course he couldn't grasp it. hell, I couldn't grasp it. It was chaos.

Do I go to help? Do I stay put? What just happened?

It was a somber day. Even in the southwest part of Texas. The streets were quiet. We were polite. Everyone was America United.

Nine years later we have not forgotten, the wounds fresh. Bitterness and intolerance sadly have grown.

I miss the world that was September 10, 2001 We were ignorant to the dangers of the world. We were innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me smile, please leave one :)